Rev James: September 2021
The Methodist Conference took place in Birmingham at the end of June. It was an extremely packed agenda with important decisions being made in a wide variety of areas of the church's activity. These included —
- The Induction of our new President and Vice-President
- Reception into Full Connexion and Ordination of Deacons and Presbyters
- Marriage and Relationships
- The theology of Safeguarding
- Oversight and Trusteeship
- Ministry in the Methodist Church
- Education Strategy
- Strategy for Justice, Dignity and Solidarity
The attached document gives a brief overview of these and other decisions and the orginal conference reports can be accessed here
You may also be interested in
A contemporary reflection for the Second Sunday of Advent. Written and read by Rev Mark Slaney, Chair of the Scotland...
Be not afraid! A reflection written and read by the Vice President of Conference, Barbara Easton, for the first week of...
Sunday October 3rd, outside Greenfields Church, a small group of humans and animals gathered for a Blessing of the Pets service. There were dogs, a cat, some birds overhead and even some stuffed animals. In a short but treat laden time together, many pets were blessed along with their keepers to give thanks for our animal (stuffed and live) companions in our lives. We are reminded that God has...