Blackford Methodist Chapel is part of the Southern Area of the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit. For information about service times, view the preaching plans on the Service Times page. Information about ministers can be found on the Southern Area Ministers page.
The chapel is situated on the slopes of the Brown Clee, less than one mile from the B4364 Ludlow to Bridgnorth road, in the small rural hamlet of Blackford and in the parish of Stoke St. Milborough. It is in a beautiful area with views across to Titterstone Clee and down into Wales.
It was built in 1869 as a ‘Primitive Methodist’ Chapel.
The Chapel has listed building status. There are no mains utilities connected; light and heating are by bottled gas!
Unusually, Blackford Chapel has a burial plot still in use today.
The ‘Anniversary’ is celebrated on the second Sunday in June. In July a ‘Camp Meeting’ service is held in the grounds (weather permitting!) upholding a long tradition.
Services are usually on the second Sunday in the month but times vary.
The chapel may be small and the membership low but a BIG welcome is extended to all!