West Felton Methodist Chapel is part of the Northern Area of the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit. For information about service times, view the preaching plans on the Service Times page. Information about ministers can be found on the Our Team page.
West Felton Methodist Chapel was opened in October 1909 – It was Primitive Methodist. A piece of ground on the Hailstones Road – now known as Tedsmore Road – was brought from Mr Withers Edwards. More ground was brought in 1961 so that a school room, kitchen and toilets could be built onto the chapel and a car park made.
Over the years the membership numbers have decreased and at present there are only 6 members. It had a flourishing Sunday School in the early years but in 2000 the Sunday School closed as there were only two children attending and their parent was the teacher.
West Felton Play Group used the premises from 1968 to 2004 when they moved to the village school. They used it two mornings a week to start and at the end they were open five days a week.
In 2009 a Mothers & Toddlers group was formed and it was good to welcome children back on the premises. The school room is used by various village groups for meetings and as part of the celebrations of the chapel’s centenary it was refurbished and the car park renewed.