St Martins Methodist Chapel is part of the Northern Area of the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit. For information about service times, view the preaching plans on the Service Times page. Information about ministers can be found on the Our Team page.
The building has a very useful set of rooms with the main church seating a congregation of around 100. It has two organs, a traditional pipe organ and a Hammond as well as a piano. The school room is a more flexible space with kitchen and toilets. It is home to the local Guides, Brownies and Rainbows and is regularly used for church purposes such as the weekly coffee morning. There is a good sized car park at the rear of the building.
Methodism in St. Martins grew rapidly in the 1830s; there were three Methodist Churches from 1877 to 1968. The present St. Martins Methodist Church, situated on Ellesmere Rd., is shown in this picture. It was opened in December 1914, being built on the site of the previous building which was erected in 1852.