About Chirk Methodist Chapel
Chirk Methodist Chapel is part of the Northern Area of the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit. For information about service times, view the preaching plans on the Service Times page. Information about ministers can be found on the Northern Area Ministers page.
The Chapel is situated on the main road in Chirk which was the old A5. We can be found on the corner of the entry into Chapel Lane and opposite the main entrance to the Kronospan works. A place of Christian worship and Mission, has existed at the present location since 1875 and still continues as follows:-
- Sunday worship 11.00 am and 6.00 pm;
- Drop-in Prayer Time Mondays 2 pm—3 pm
- Fortnightly Bible Study on Friday evenings;
- Parents & Toddlers Tuesday mornings (during term time);
- Wives & Friends every other Tuesday evening;
- Community Lunches on 1st & 3rd Wednesdays;
- Girls Brigade Wednesday evenings (during term time);
- Women’s Fellowship every Thursday afternoon;
- Men’s Fellowship monthly on 1st Thursday evening
- A close working relationship with the other local churches in the town.
Two Methodist churches existed, the one at the current location since 1875, later called Chirk Green United Methodist and from 1913 a Primitive Methodist in Station Avenue. Both churches were closed in May 1971 and came together to form the existing Chirk Methodist Church. For practical reasons the current location was chosen to house the new church.
View our location on the Google Map below, or view a larger version of this map to get directions.