Bomere Heath Methodist Chapel is part of the Northern Area of the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit. For information about service times, view the preaching plans on the Service Times page. Information about ministers can be found on the Our Team page.
We are a friendly congregation who meet regularly for Sunday worship and share in the care and support for each other and members of the wider community.
Sunday worship is supplemented by bible study and other activities, which take place either at the church or in the homes of members.
Weekday activities, for children and adults, are usually held in the hall which is situated on the opposite side of the church car parking area.
A recorded Methodist presence dates back to 1820, when services were held in people’s homes. As the number of members grew the need for a larger meeting place became obvious and eventually “Mrs William Teece gave a piece of land sufficient for a Chapel, caretakers house, garden, and a graveyard.
The first chapel and a small house were built in 1836, but soon proved to be insufficient for the numbers wishing to join and it was rebuilt in 1868.
In 1890 donations from Mrs Evans, Mr Davis, and Mrs Teece began a fund for a future church.
On 28th May 1903 the present church building was opened by S. Wither JP a Councillor from Shrewsbury.
The original church building has been converted into a hall with kitchen and toilet facilities, and is used by various groups during the week.
The graveyard is now only used for interment of ashes, but retains a number of Victorian headstones that are a useful source of local genealogical information.