Wattlesborough Methodist Chapel is part of the Central Area of the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit. For information about service times, view the preaching plans on the Service Times page. Information about ministers can be found on the Central Area Ministers page.
The first Wattlesborough Methodist Chapel was a hut situation on Wigmore Lane, which soon became too small for the Primitive Methodist congregations.
Therefore in 1893 Sir baldwyn Leighton generously gave 488 square yards of a valuable and eligable site for a new more suitable building to be built. Although attached to the Church of England, Sir Baldwyn Leighton gave generous assistance to other religous bodies.
An energetic committee set to work, and soon a handsome sum was raised for the building fund. The foundation stone was laid by Sir Baldwyn & Miss Leighton accompainied by the music of the church band.
So after a successful 100 years, in 1993 we celebrated with a well attended flower festival, evening service and concert.
Wattlesborough is 8 miles west of Shrewsbury on the A458. Our Sunday services are either 10am or 6.30pm. We have coffee after most morning services and refreshments at Easter, Harvest and Christmas. We also enjoy guest artists, varied concerts and two rummage sales a year. Our church organ also provides taped hymn music.