Green Methodist Chapel is part of the Central Area of the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit. For information about service times, view the preaching plans on the Service Times page. Information about ministers can be found on the Our Team page.
Green Chapel is a rural wayside Chapel located on the Montgomery road out of Bishop’s Castle. It was built in 1862 and we are looking forward to celebrating our 150th anniversary next year. It is on land which previously belonged to Green Farm hence the Chapel’s name – although Green Farm is no longer in existence. There is a privately owned semi-detached house next to the Chapel and apart from our own lean-to shed we are a simple one room chapel. During the summer we have evening services and during the winter we have afternoon services.
Our regular congregation can vary from 4 to 8 people. Our organist retired a couple of years ago after 70 years of service so we now use music on CD to accompany the singing. The Chapel has a number of friends who help with such things as the flowers and who attend our special services such as Chapel anniversary, harvest and camp meeting. These special services are usually held in an afternoon and are followed by tea. Contact is maintained with these friends through distribution of the circuit plan and invitations which we produce for the special services. If anyone would like a ride out into the country you are very welcome to join us for any of our services.