Ellesmere Methodist Chapel
About Ellesmere Methodist Chapel
Ellesmere Methodist Chapel is part of the Northern Area of the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit. For information about service times, view the preaching plans on the Service Times page. Information about ministers can be found on the Northern Area Ministers page.
View our location on the Google Map below, or view a larger version of this map to get directions.
- Proverbs 11:28Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like a green leaf.
- Proverbs 11:28
Contact the North Area Circuit OfficeNorth Area Circuit Office
Shropshire & Marches Methodist Circuit
Wem Methodist Church
Shrewsbury SY4 5AU
Email the North Area Circuit Office
Phone: 01939 236452
The Shropshire & Marches Methodist Circuit came into being on the 1st September, 2010. It was formed from the amalgamation of eight smaller circuits, two from the Birmingham District (Cwm and Kingstone and Leominster, Presteigne and Kington) and six from the Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury District (Wem and Prees Green; Oswestry, Ellesmere and Chirk; Llanymynech; Shrewsbury; The Marches, and Shropshire South).
Subscribe to email updates
- Methodist Council announces nomination of Secretary of the ConferenceThe Methodist Council, which is meeting from 15 to 16 October at the High Leigh Conference Centre in Hoddeston, has agreed to nominate to the Conference the Revd Gareth Powell to serve as the Secretary of the Conference from 1 September 2015.
- Ecumenical Day of Reflection on MiningThe Archbishop of Canterbury and the President of the Methodist Conference today hosted an Ecumenical Day of Reflection on Mining with representatives of leading mining companies, as well as representatives from non-governmental and other faith-based organisations at Lambeth Palace.
- Response to the murder of Alan HenningThe President and Vice-President of the Methodist Conference issue a statement in response to the murder of Alan Henning by Islamic State militants.
- How good are you at watching and waiting?In a ‘want it all, want it now’ culture, the art of watching and waiting can get lost in the melee of consumerism and instant gratification. Yet Advent can also bring us closer to God, and to the effects of God’s justice and love in the world today.
- Islamic State cannot be defeated by military action alone, say major Church leadersLeaders of two of Britain’s major Churches say that the UK Government must not give into the rhetoric that Islamic State can simply be bombed out of existence. In a statement released today, leaders of the Baptist Union of Great Britain and the Methodist Church in Britain say that the case for military intervention can only be supported as one part of a broa
- Methodist Council announces nomination of Secretary of the Conference