In December 2011, a small team from the Shropshire and Marches Circuit began working towards a process of producing a 5 year Circuit Plan to give support to, and shape development for the future of the Circuit.
After various meetings the group came up with a fishbone diagram which illustrated the direction the 5 year plan would go.
On 21st June 2012, the Circuit Meeting were shown a presentation detailing the steps and stages the 5 year plan would take:
Our aim / goal
To continue to build the Circuit as a network of
- Worshipping & caring communities
Working in neighbourhoods
- Ecumenically, where possible.
Supported by a staff team of nine ministers and administrative support
Vision, growth & development
– being open to change
Mission & evangelism
– Looking for, joining in with and demonstrating the activity of God
Prayer & spirituality
– Living in the presence of God
STEP ONE – September 2012
Commitment to the focus and goal
STEP TWO – Year 1 – 2012 – 2013
Establishing the baseline
- Listing current activities and resources:
- Each cluster engaging in conversations with the circuit stewards and staff team
- Within each cluster, defining the aim and purpose in the locality in which the worshipping centres are set:
- by joining in conversation with each other and with those with whom we work alongside, both in the community and in partner churches
- Building a viable pastoral foundation and framework throughout the circuit involving ministerial and lay people.
STEP THREE – YEARS 2-4 – 2013/14/15/16
Working out development as a common programme throughout the circuit
- Each cluster, and each circuit group (Preachers, Training, Youth work, MWIB, circuit meeting/executive etc.), working towards fulfilling the purpose defined in YEAR 1
- Undertaking steps in each programme area
- Vision and Growth,
- Mission and Evangelism,
- Prayer and Spirituality
- Undertaking projects and training in each programme area
- Choosing at least one programme or development project in each of the three years
YEAR 5 – 2016 – 2017
Review – planning for the next stage.